Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Blink Entertainment

I initially tried to sign up for Blink Entertainment on the 8th of January this year. On the same day I requested the same telephone line to be transferred to my name. The CSR I dealt with said to expect a phone call in a few days from them to ask about coming to do the install.

On the 20th January I called to ask why I did not get a call yet and not surprisingly I was told there was no request for Blink Entertainment. In typical TSTT/Bmobile fashion, not only did it not have that request but I was told I made a request for Internet service from them on the 18th January, which I did not. The name of the 'Field Agent' who took my request for Internet was in their notes and I was told their manager would investigate why the request was put in when I did not make it. The name change that was requested on the 8th was completed but just that. It would take 10-15 working days from this time to process the order.

On the 28th I called in again to check on the progress of the order. Impressively it was still present and I was told only 4 working days had passed... I did not ask what calendar they were using but the CSR assured me 10-15 days was expected for the installation.


On another note, for the past three years I have been getting two bills from Bmobile, one for $1.50 and one for $2.00. Three years ago I decided $650+ a month was too much to pay for two cellphones in my home and switched to Digicel. In order to terminate the Bmobile service I had to pay all outstanding arrears which was done in person at Bmobile and the phones were disconnected the same day. A month later I received the two bills for the first time. A CSR on the phone said I needed to pay the outstanding amount at a Bmobile branch as the account has been closed and trying to pay it online or other payment options are impossible. Each month after that the same bill would come with the same amount.

When I went in on the 8th January for the Blink application I asked about the recurring bills and was told I had to pay the outstanding amount for the bills to stop coming. The CSR confirmed that in order to terminate Bmobile service I had to pay all outstanding arrears, and that it is costing more to print and mail the bills than the value of the bills.

On Saturday 2nd Feb. I called in again to check for an update as I had not been called yet and was told there was a problem on the loop which the technicians were working on to allow me to get the service. That was the most I had been apologised to in my life, every half sentence was "I apologise again for this delay..". The CSR said it would be sorted out probably within a few days and then the install would be scheduled.

On Tuesday 5th Feb. 2013 I got a call from Blink to say that I cannot get the wired service because of a problem on the loop ("I had exceeded the threshold limit") and instead that wireless is available to me at the advertised prices. I asked how come a few houses away was able to get DSL and was told it depends on the distance on the wire and not on the straight line distance. I am reconsidering my options now..

No comments:

Post a Comment