Friday, May 6, 2016

How to become a morning person

I recently changed the way I wake up in the morning and if I can do it I think anyone can. My goal was to have more time in the morning because I liked sleeping in and it seemed like I had a shorter day than other people.

In order to accomplish this I did the following:
1. Go to sleep on time.
I set a time that I would go to sleep by in order to get enough sleep to be fully charged the next day. This is a critical part of waking up early. You should not be lacking sleep when you wake up earlier, you are changing your waking hours and this starts from the day/night before. Also avoid caffeine or sugary drinks before going to sleep which might affect your sleep.

2. Wake up with the first alarm.
I used to press snooze on my alarm and take a few minutes more sleep then maybe press it a second time and sleep some more. This had to change and I now get off the bed as soon as the first alarm wakes me. This will seem difficult at first but is an essential part of changing your habit.

3. Put the alarm out of reach.
I forced myself to come out of bed to stop the alarm and this helps waking me. Moving after you wake up is a big step toward waking up. What works well for me is twisting side to side at my waist and rolling my shoulders forward and back.

4. Do this consistently for a month.
Part of changing a habit is being trained in the new routine. Your body will learn the routine and remember it. After this you would become accustomed and not want to press snooze anymore.

Topics
How to wake up early
How to become a morning person
Learn how to be an early riser
How not to be sleepy during the day
Train yourself not to sleep in late on mornings
I want to program myself to wake up on time and  not miss classes
How to avoid being late for work
Solved problems waking up in the morning

No comments:

Post a Comment