Monday, May 24, 2010

Juice in a Sony Vaio laptop




This is what happens when you let juice go into your laptop and don't immediately power it off completely and dry it before checking to see if it works. The first picturs is of shorted out resistors. The second is a chip with many pins shorted and burnt next to more shorted resistors. This particular laptop is a Sony Vaio VGN-NS10L (PCG-7144M)




You would think that with all the brains in sony they would put a cover to access the hard drive just as they did with the memory and as most other laptops are made. In order to get this hard drive out I had to remove 25 screws. It is a standard sata hard drive so I cannot imagine why it is not accessible easily like the ram. Bad Sony. The motherboard is mounted upside down so when I tried to boot the machine with the cover open I had to be careful not to shift parts when I opened the laptop to press the power button.

No comments:

Post a Comment