Thursday, October 27, 2011

Xonar_DG auto sense not working, no sound in firefox

I have a new Xonar_DG card I installed in my PC and I have a couple issues. I uninstalled the drivers for my onboard audio and installed the latest drivers from the Asus website. I tried watching youtube in firefox 7 but it had no sound. Youtube played ok in IE so I reinstalled firefox and the problem was solved.
Next I was trying to figure out how to get auto sensing on the front panel of my tower to work for my headphones. I had to manually put the sound to the front panel through the Asus control center. I restarted the PC and took off "Azelia Codec" for my Gigabyte board's bios and then in windows I put the "Analog Out" option to 5.1 Speakers. Now the auto sensing works  (when I plug headphones on the front of my tower, front panel sense) and the 5.1 speakers are automatically muted, and unplugging the headphones makes the 5.1 speakers play again. I have the HD audio cable for my front panel and the same option is chosen in the Xonar DG Audio Centre (under Front Panel options, a blue button next to 'Analog Out'). Under 'HP Advance Seting' I am using 'Exciter Mode of for more than 64ohms headsets'. This gives the highest output from front panel, my Sony MDR-XD200 is only now being stressed. The sound is much louder than the onboard card and I am happy with the purchase.




No comments:

Post a Comment