Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Thank you for the compliment

Today I was driving on the connector road between Usine and Cipero roads going from Princes Town to San Fernando. I was not in a rush and was going an average speed. A Coca-cola truck came up behind me and while it was there it didn't seem like anything sinister. On a part of the road there is a stretch where the truck tried to overtake me even though there was a car going the same speed not too far ahead of me and there were oncoming cars in their own lane. I was aware of the truck trying to overtake me and also that the cars were coming so I assumed the truck would back off and not try to fit where it couldn't between me and the car in front me. He tried to fit anyway and I saw the truck coming at me as he tried to merge back in and I slammed on the brakes and was missed by what had to be a couple inches. Whenever something like this happens I always think of this as the other driver saying "I KNOW you have amazing reflexes and you drive a car with tremendous traction, so let me give you some practise".

Behind the truck is a number to call "How's My Driving? 800-COKE". Silly me called it and got to talk to a female security officer that could not speak proper English. I told her what happened, gave her the plate number of the truck (XXF 8115) and she said
1. She doesn't think the company has a truck with that number plate.
2. She is not really the person to talk to about it and I could not speak to anyone else as they had all gone home.
3. She does not know why this number is on the back of a truck because it is the 800 number for Coca-Cola.

Unless there was some plot with hijacked/decoy coke trucks going on, I think I did the right thing when I called. I will call again in the morning to talk to someone who can hopefully help me.





I called again the next day and spoke to another guard who was also the Complaints department. The first complaint i made was about the truck incident itself.
The second complaint was about the guard from the day before. I told her the three point the previous woman made and she said
1. She cannot possibly know all the trucks the company has (no DUH!)
2. It was very unlikely that everyone had gone home at 3.20pm
3. She agreed the number was there so complaints could be made, and all she could do was submit my complaint and nothing more.
I really hope this does not happen to anyone else.

1 comment:

  1. I think you SHOULD call, and keep calling until you get a suitable response...
    That's scary th0. Glad it turned out ok.

    ReplyDelete