Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Courts extended warranty

I bought a 32 inch Sony TV a few years ago from courts. There was a promotion at the time that was giving four years warranty included in the price. Three and half years later that TV would develop bubbles on the screen that would progressively get worse over a couple weeks. I went into courts to find out about having it repaired. I found out 32 inch and bigger TVs have a free pickup service under the warranty. It was collected during working hours and a few days later I called to find out about the TV's progress. I was told it could not be repaired and I was entitled to a new TV.

I went back to the same branch I bought the TV to see what was offered and I chose one that was $1000 less than the price I paid years ago. I would have to return a few days later to get the refund of the price difference. It turns out that the extended warranty worked very much in my favour so I took a four year plan for this new set. The TV came with two years standard and I had to pay a few hundred more for an additional two years.

The prices of the TVs were generally good compared to other stores so I would say Courts has the best deals with price and warranty. I did not find any other stores that offered four years warranty. If this is the case for other products then I highly recommend paying for this option. Things usually break just outside of the standard warranty period. Thank you Courts.

No comments:

Post a Comment