Thursday, September 19, 2013

Courts mattress sale

I went in to a Courts sale this weekend. I heard an ad on the radio that said a mattress and base for $1000. I went in to check if I liked the mattress and to maybe buy it. When I got there it only had one CSR for 6 customers all interested in the same sale. I was not the only customer who thought a base with a mattress was for $1000, but the CSR had to explain that it was $1000 each, in a less than cheerful voice. There were a couple people who were there before me so I waited for them to be spoken to and I overheard what they were saying.
I waited approximately 15 minutes before I went up to the CSR. This is after a family who came in after me had approached the CSR while she was speaking to someone else. The particular mattress that was on sale was leaned up against a bunk bed and still in plastic wrap. They did not have the same model lying on a frame/base so that I could sit on it to see it I liked it. When I asked if I could have it put down on a base her reply was "So you have to sit on it before you buy it?",
I said yes,
"Laughs* oh, ok, you could feel it right there you know",
 I asked if she could get someone to put it on a base for me.
"Ok hold on I will try to get someone"
10 minutes later a guy came and put the queen mattress on top of double mattress so I had to line up one edge before I could sit. I sat down and I put my hand down to press some more and I felt the thick layer of dust that was there...and it was too soft for my liking. I then noticed my pants had long streaks of dust from touching the plastic. Then I noticed the same dust on the guy's pants from moving it.
I said to the guy that the plastic is very dirty,
"Yea I know it very dirty"
.. now I would have warned someone who I saw going to sit on something dirty I just put for them, but that is not the norm I guess.When I got up the guy put the mattress back up against the bunk bed and I left.

Lessons Courts should learn: Have more friendly CSRs when a sale is announced
Wipe things people will be sitting/touching/ you have on display
Have a flyer in store with info for your sale, even the simplest printout will do, and have clearer ads


1 comment:

  1. What do you expect from Trinidadian Csr, They are lazy and move don't care. We in this country really need to grow up yes. www.trinifans.com

    ReplyDelete