Saturday, February 6, 2010

Are Amazon Shipping Estimates for packages exaggerated, just a little?

I'm building a pc and buying parts from www.amazon.com as they have excellent prices for what I want right now. On an item's page you sometimes see an estimate of how long the item takes to be shipped out of the warehouse, eg. my motherboard says "Usually ships within 2 to 3 days". This was the item and time frame I wanted so I went through purchasing it, but them on my orders page I saw "Shipping Estimate February 16, 2010 - February 17, 2010" which was very surprising as today is the 6th 
so that means it might take 10 days to be shipped. This was unacceptable as I was 
trying to time the delivery of the board with the rest of items as I ordered those 
two days ago because of their estimated shipping dates. A few items may be grouped 
together and can save on shipping costs.I decided I would wait it out and see if I might 
get lucky and get it shipped sooner. That was at 1.40pm. 

It is now 4.00pm and the board is saying "Shipping Soon". This means it is a few 
hours from being shipped out. WOW!, from 10 days to a few hours? really? 
WOW! I am glad I kept the order when I saw ten days , looks like it might just work 
out perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment