Monday, September 28, 2009

Another TSTT screw up/scam?

I am trying to call a number in England and I am not getting through. I tried all the different prefixes I could think of that might work but none did. The clip that sometimes played when I dialled the number wrong said to dial 6411 to get to the operator, so guess what, I dialled 6411. Now I explain my problem and the girl says that she cannot help me, I need to dial 0 form a land line, I said I could not get a land line right now then she said call 824-8788 and they could help me.
Remember, it costs $1TTD to call 6411, but 824-8788 is free. So when you have a message saying call the tolled number, I cannot help but think they are trying to make money deceptively, but I MAY be wrong here, just may be.
 
I say 'another' in the subject because I am fed up with the BS automated responses you have to fumble through to wait 10 minutes to talk to real person via 824-8788. The most annoying thing is that the system asks you what number you are calling about (yes sometimes is automatically recognises the number) and to press '#' or something to confirm the number. This is followed by a 10 minute wait listening to ads, then the first thing the CSR asks you is 'What number are you calling about?'. But I just told 'you' the number I am calling about, why do I have to repeat myself? Waste of my time TSTT.

No comments:

Post a Comment